The P-awards 2020 were presented this past weekend on two locations plus online to be within the C19 guidelines. In total 22 awards were handed out. And the winners are......:
- by Mullah, October 26th 2020
- MVP: Matt Connell (P1) and Andreas Erga (P2)
- Best Batter: Alex Guilford (P1) and Andreas Erga (P2)
- Best Pitcher: Matt Connell (P1) and Anders Tveten (P2)
- Rookie of the Year: Pat Gunn (P1) and Fredrik Rønningen (P2)
- Kiai award: Alex Guilford - For his no-no vs the Royals in the season opener where he set a new Norwegian record with 19 K's (in 7 innings)
- Best offensive play (P1): Alberto Danzie - for his 2-run homer in the NM finals.
- Best offensive play (P2): Andreas Erga - Long deep liner to RF gap at Rud for stand-up triple
- Best defensive play: (P1): Terje Hoaas/Alex Guilford/ Matt Connell - for an inning ending 5-2-3 double play in the NM finals.
- Best defensive play: (P2): Fredrik Rønningen/ Darren McKellep - inning ending 9-2 double play in Drammen.
- Breakthrough of the year (P1): Alberto Danzie (P1) - Took a huge step forward from last year, both offense and defense. Ended up with the 3rd highest bavg. For P1
- Breakthrough of the year (P2): Rory McGuire - Found his calling at catcher, has played very well at the toughest position.
- Blooper of the year: Ryan Goedecke - Getting ejected right after Alex told everyone not to throw any equipment, and then he got suspended for one game as well.
- Most Bizarre/Phunniest play: Terje Hoaas - Getting called around 3rd by Darren, then getting beat by the ball by 4 meters at home, falling down, and exclaiming "What the phuck is this!?"
- Bernhardsen award: Matt Connell - Got hit in the knee by Alec's "forkball" and was highly complaining about it all season long.
- Urban award: Alberto Danzie - Wearing a turtleneck in June, plus has no idea how to tuck in a shirt.
- The Bobby Cox award: Ryan Goedecke - Getting ejected right after Alex told everyone not to throw any equipment, and then he got suspended for one game as well.
- The Lou Gehrig award: Ty Tollestrup - for putting the team first, and volunteered to ump two games instead of playing, so we didn't have to postpone the games.
- The Most Versatile Player, a.k.a the Potato - for his ability to play many positions (P,C,3B,2B,LF,RF) on the field and in the line-up.
Congratz to all the winners!!